Intangible assets come in various forms, including an organization’s patent portfolio, proprietary systems and methods, client relationships, product and service brands, drug formulas, content archives, core competencies, organizational reputation, trade secrets, and the skills and experience of engineers, technicians, pharma specialists, doctors and R&D professionals. To maximize the value from your intangible assets, ipeg assists your organization to improve its IP strategy.
IP strategy is an integral part of an overall business strategy that uses IP rights to manage technology. IPR systems fulfill four purposes1:
- providing incentives for innovation
- allowing for the packaging of intellectual assets into
- innovative processes
- encouraging the diffusion of technical information
- enabling the capturing of added value (economic and
- or social) through the control of intellectual assets